• HibTITER (HbOC) & ActHib (PRP-T): give at 2m, 4m, 6m, 12–15m (booster dose).
• PedvaxHIB or Comvax (containing PRP-OMP): give at 2m, 4m, 12–15m.
• Dose #1 of Hib vaccine may be given no earlier than 6wks of age.
• The last dose (booster dose) is given no earlier than 12m of age and a minimum of
8wks after the previous dose.
• Hib vaccines are interchangeable; however, if different brands of Hib vaccines are administered,
a total of three doses are necessary to complete the primary series in infants.
• Any Hib vaccine may be used for the booster dose.
• Hib is not routinely given to children age 5yrs and older.
All Hib vaccines:• If #1 was given at 12–14m, give booster in 8wks.
• Give only 1 dose to unvaccinated children from
the ages of 15m up to 5yrs.
HibTITER and ActHib:
• #2 and #3 may be given 4 wks after previous dose.• If #1 was given at 7–11m, only 3 doses are needed;
#2 is given 4–8wks after #1, then boost at 12–15m
(and must be at least 8wks after dose #2).
PedvaxHIB and Comvax:
• #2 may be given 4wks after dose #1.
Adapted from the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on
Immunization Practices (ACIP) by the Immunization Action Coalition, August 2005